Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An Exercise for Happiness

What if every single time you did something you cheered? Try putting up a sign at work that says “Just a reminder that you rawk today.”

Every time you reply to an email stand up out of your desk and cheer.

Every time you finish a task – do a happy dance or skip around the room.

Feeling a lag in the day? Start doing cartwheels.

Went pee pee in the potty? Pat yourself on the back and let your body know you appreciate that it works properly.

Pat yourself on the back every time you smile.

Seriously – how many things do we do that are awesome?

Remember emotional maturity and acting like a dork is not mutually exclusive. Act like a kid sometimes and you might just become happy like one.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

I love your philosophy of life, Rachel. It's infectious. Consider me positively influenced.

Thank you for the zing, btw. I'm glad I've re-found you here. Phew!

CN said...

That is possibly the craziest idea I've ever heard....I love it!

I bet doing these things could make other people happy as well.

Life is good. =)Thanks for your thoughts